It’s “the year of mobile” (again), and as smartphone sales continue to increase, mobile shopping habits continue to evolve.
Over the past few years research agencies eDigitalResearch and IMRG have been tracking the growth of mobile commerce in the UK market, and to demonstrate their findings have created the following infographic.
Some key findings include:
- Today, 54% of smartphone owners are using their phone to shop, whilst 38% have already purchased something through their device
- Over half (51%) of the UK population now have access to a smartphone
- Clothing and footwear have seen the biggest growth in mobile orders and are now the most popular products to purchase through a smartphone
- Other product areas that have seen significant growth include food, drink and household supplies, as well as health & beauty products
- Over the past two years, Nokia has lost its edge in the smartphone market, while Apple has gained much more traction
- Smartphone user demographics have shifted hugely, with young females showing the biggest growth